- Have you built any strong partnerships?
- Are you leveraging the strong partnerships you have?
- Are you fostering stronger partnerships?
Are you leveraging your strong partnerships? Having a strong partnership is something that can help you grow your business. While your rep might not be able to cut extra deals, they can help you find those extra breaks when they are available. They will also fight for your best interest in situations that are behind the scenes. How else can you leverage a strong partnership? Your rep will find ways to make extra things happen. They will find clinicians or events or other ways to build business. They will provide extra inventory or manpower at times when things are tight. They will lend themselves for situations that need an extra hand. They will sacrifice their own time for you.
So, do you have a rep or two like that? How can you foster that partnership or build it with other reps?
- Don't take advantage/abuse it! They will do those extra things for you because of the relationship. If there is a feeling of being taken advantage of, those things will end quickly.
- Express gratitude! You don't need to give gifts or take them out to dinner. Most often a genuine Thank You will make them feel amazing. You can take that a step further by expressing your gratitude to their boss. Every rep likes a pat on their back by their boss!
- Return the favor! Your reps are involved in many different events and extending your help with go a long way in showing a mutual partnership.
- Ask them to be part of your business! Introducing them to your key customers and accounts will give you more credibility with those customers. It will also show your willingness to ask for help and that you have someone you can turn to.
When was the last time one of your vendors went above and beyond the call of duty? What is your relationship with them? Do you have that type of partner?